Change Your Life: Pathways for Change
Are you ready for a change in your life? Has change been a challenge for you? You want to make changes yet you struggle with how to go about this task? You may be dissatisfied with a particular part of your life. Individuals become overwhelmed when they want to make a change but do not know where to begin. Beginning to make changes and getting change to stick can be extremely taxing. I am here to assist you with a few principles that you can utilize when you are looking to make changes.
Below are six ways to begin the change you want to see in your life:
- Begin your desire for change with a ‘CLEAR MIND’.
- Learn how to forgive yourself. This is often harder than learning to forgive others. Why? The people that you work to forgive do not live in your head and constantly recreate all the stories that have occurred in your mind. They do not live with you day and night.
- When you decide you want to make a change, you often find your mind taking you in many directions with no clear focus. It is extremely important to create a more balanced perspective in regards to what you, actually, want to change. For example, your goal is to be less judgmental. When you find yourself being judgmental, don’t be hard on yourself by making a mistake during your desired change. Try to take a balanced view of the situation and see where you may have gone awry.
- Acknowledge difficult circumstances. Begin to be aware of your behaviors around other people. Evaluate what your reaction is and how they are treating you as an individual. Listen to your emotions in this process.
- Be positive and think positive thoughts. When you want to make change it is important to focus on positive thoughts and let negative thoughts fall by the wayside. Negativity can limit change.
- Be compassionate to self. Practice self-kindness. Try to love to yourself and be patient as you make the steps toward change.
As you begin these pathways for change, you are one step closer to a new you. You will begin to feel empowered as you have successes along the way. Remember to be true to yourself and keep your goals in mind. Take one step at a time, be patient and always love yourself along this journey. Next time we will be discussing how to change your habits with the use of willpower.
“Creating Wellness Naturally”
Comments are closed.