NINE STEPS to CREATE SPACE for YOURSELF:
- Choose a spot in the house that can be your go-to place for the next few weeks. Maybe it’s a spare bedroom, your bedroom, or even the back porch.
- Clear away any clutter in the place you choose. Put extra items out of sight so your spot is not visually over-stimulating.
- Choose one or two things that remind you of the peace of mind and relaxation you desire. Maybe it’s a picture of a beautiful, sun swept, private beach, or a scented candle you enjoy. Place just those items near where you will sit.
- Have a comfy chair or other soft spot so you can stretch out and relax.
- Look closely at the items you choose to put near you, and think about how they make you feel. What is it that appeals to your inner peace when you look at them? Hold those thoughts for a few minutes.
- Close your eyes and do some deep, cleansing breaths. Breathe deeply from within your belly so that your lungs expand. As you hold the breath begin scanning your body, starting with your head. Notice what you are feeling, then let the thought go as you slowly release the breath. On the next intake of breath, focus on your neck, followed by your shoulders, chest, and so on, all the way down to your feet.
- If any parts of your body feel tense, imagine the tension leaving with each breath you exhale. Try picturing each muscle loosening and the stress leaving your body upon release of air.
- If you find your thoughts wandering while you do this, simply acknowledge the thought and let it pass. Picture it being blown out as you exhale.
- Do this for whatever amount of time feels right to you. Just the act of breathing deeply releases stress and promotes relaxation and peace.
Having a quiet place to retreat to is a great way to take care of yourself.
Pay attention to how you are feeling over the next few weeks, and if you need a break, take one.
Become clear on your intentions during your quite time.
Commit to CONSISTENCY and ask yourself, “Where would I like to be in the next 3 months – how do you feel, what is in your life, who is surrounding you and supporting you, etc.? You really want to visualize and feel the energy around the experience. Do you feel that it is possible for you get there? What would your path to health and wellness look like?
It is important to ask yourself these questions and set intentions.
The intentions you set should be evaluated EVERY DAY!
Your focus and consistency will help you become successful.
Your vision requires a healthy body and a healthy mind. If you are sick, it will be extremely difficult to reach your dreams. It is your thoughts that drive your dreams and places you one-step closer to your goals. Plotting out your dreams and goals will support you on your path.
Keep going. YOU’VE GOT THIS and we are with you each step of the way.
Know that the more you practice self-care and take the time you need, the more you will be fully present in the things you do with others. Taking care of your mind and body is the best thing you can do for yourself.