7 Benefits of Planting Organic Seeds
As we round out the month of April, we’d like to continue our thoughts on living a healthy, chemical-free life. As you have learned, the toxins and chemicals we absorb into our bodies can cause all kinds of health challenges. As you look toward late spring and summer, think about the ways you can continue to protect yourself and your family from hazardous toxins.
One great way to ensure you know what you are putting into your body is to grow an organic garden. Once you have a healthy and fertile soil, growing organic seeds is easy and rewarding. (For an in-depth look at preparing your soil and caring for plants with organic fertilizers, visit Build Better Garden Soil With Free Organic Fertilizers. Nowadays there are many options for choosing organic seeds, and you can likely find a wide variety at your favorite garden center. Once you experience the pleasures of growing (and eating!) organically, you will never consider anything else. To inspire you, here are 7 benefits of planting organic seeds:
- Growing organic seeds produces plants with hearty root systems because they have to absorb nutrients from the soil, rather than waiting for applications of chemically-based fertilizers. Stronger roots means stronger and healthier plants.
- Plants grown organically have a higher vitamin content than those exposed to chemicals.
- Using organic seeds guarantees your food will not have been genetically modified, and will be as “natural” as nature intended.
- By using compost and grass clippings to fertilize your garden, you not only save money, but you decrease the demand for chemical pesticides and fertilizers.
- Growing organic increases the demand for organic products, and provides much needed funding to organizations devoted to organic research and production.
- Using natural fertilizers is either free or cheap, depending on what you use. By doing so, you will not contribute to air, water, or ground pollution.
- Growing organically grown crops provides the healthiest, most natural items for you and your family. Best of all, the taste of fresh, organic produce is second to none.
We have covered a lot of ground this month. Hopefully, our information on the benefits
of detoxing from unhealthy chemicals and toxins has inspired you to keep working toward a healthier you. The information we provided on GI issues, using chemical-free products and seeds, and our fun ideas for celebrating Easter and Earth Day can help keep you focused and motivated. Please let us know if there is anything we can to support you in your journey.
Next month we will focus on planting the seeds for your health, and provide tips for staying healthy during the spring and summer months ahead with all the cookouts and outdoor activities.