Fall grounding time is now upon us, so we begin to look towards those things that will help us achieve just that, to become grounded. We will be sure to talk about grounding foods such as squash, potatoes and root vegetables today and the importance they have in helping us get grounded. As well as high glycemic foods, reasons why these could be keeping you from not only reaching your health goals as well as keeping you so tired all you really want to do is sleep away your life, because they are not increasing your energy levels.
It keeps getting more exciting to feed your inquisitive minds with these tips so you also can be achieving your health goals and feeling vibrant once again like you did as a youth or a youth looking forward knowing that you can have energy as you age if your daily diet consists of the health intended foods and nutrition.
Now let’s get to the root of grounding and just what this means to you as a reader. Root vegetables consist of anything which is grown underground: carrots, potatoes, turnips, sweet potatoes, radishes, yams, ginger, garlic, beets, onion, rutabaga, turmeric, ginseng, shallot, just to name a few. These are great replacements in exchange when altering your food choices to start to avoid carbs such as bread & rice or other carbs that will only delay you meeting your health goals.
Also, root vegetables such as beets, onions, parsnips, carrots, radishes, sweet potatoes, turnips, can provide us with these nutrients vitamin C, beta carotene, B vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and complex carbs. There is also the added benefit of these not containing “Cereal Grasses”, which equate out to starchy grains that you would get from oats, wheat, rye, rice & buckwheat. Those ingredients will only ending up weighing you down and raising the numbers on your scale.
Another wonderful tidbit of information about these root vegetables, they are low-allergenic, Roasting root vegetables is a great way to cook them, not only will you minimize nutrient loss but you’ll bring out much of their flavor which will satisfy your taste buds.
Now we will show you benefits of eight root vegetables:
- Beet – Packed with phytonutrients are these red vegetables and they provide antioxidant support for the body and also the detoxification process as well. Adding beets to your diet can help clean out and cleanse the system. Another great fact about beets is lab studies have shown “betanin” found in beets decreases cell’s growth on a tumor.
- Carrot – The long time advice we hear is “eat your carrots” to improve eyesight, the beta-carotene content in a carrot is great for vision health as well as it converts to vitamin A, protecting against macular degeneration which can cause blindness. Another positive is carrots can be dipped in dressing or hummus as an afternoon snack. One other fact to know about carrots is that they can promote lung health.
- Fennel – Amazing addition to salad the oil fennel has huge nutritional benefits, fennel is also used in mouth fresheners & toothpastes. It also can be used to treat anemia, it is high in iron, as well as the benefits of assisting in respiratory ailments, Indigestion along with constipation. Quite a power pack contained within fennel.
- Radish – High in vitamin C and help to lower cholesterol, and can cure urinary tract disorders, also known to increase oxygen in the bloodstream. So be sure to include radishes in your daily diet.
- Ginger – Has many benefits such as helping with nausea, heart conditions, arthritis and many others as well even assists with headaches and colds. It’s a great digestive aid.
- Yam – There are so many varieties of this wonderful vegetable, has a great source of potassium as well as vitamin B6. It varies in color from purple to yellow; the extract of yam contains diosgenius (chemical that acts very similar to progesterone): as well as helping to provide as a hormone replacement for menopausal woman.
- Garlic – Specifically has a sulfur-containing compound which helps to protect against oxidative stress, which is well known for leading to that unpleasant inflammation in our bodies that so many of us suffer from on a daily basis. Some amazing qualities it has to help with health benefits for antiviral, cardiovascular as well as being cancer-preventative and boosting our metabolism.
- Onion – Power packed, when peeling an onion you want only to remove as little as you can of the outer layer, the onions flavonoids are contained there and can provide antibacterial benefits and are more concentrated within that area. They have anti-inflammatory properties, can increase bone density especially for older woman, as well as can lower the risks for mouth cancer and esophageal cancer risks.
Organic grown will be even higher in values and nutrition, so let’s all do ourselves a health favor and get to the root of earth and eat in it’s beautiful bountiful creations. For each item we are only increasing our chances of becoming the wealth of health as well as decreasing the attempts of that evil little carbohydrate from weighing us down.
Next we will list for you Glycemic Index (GI) of common High-Glycemic foods:
- White bread, rice bread, wheat bread, rye crackers
- Waffle, pancakes, donuts
- Bagel, tortilla, pita bread
- Rice: white, brown, basmati
- Most breakfast cereals
- Pineapple, banana
- Honey, table sugar
- Dates, raisins
- Rutabaga, parsnips
- Pretzels, popcorn
- Soda pop, sweetened sports drinks
- Hot chocolate
- Ice cream
So there are some items that for the health of it, they would benefit you not to be a part of your diet. It comes down to a decision of how good do we truly want to feel? And then we must begin making those changes in our diet to remove the foods & beverages that are keeping us feeling basically like ‘crap’ with continued low energy.
So as you are going along your personal journey try to remember that not only do those fast prepared foods lack in nutrition value they also end up keeping us from feeling good about how we look. These foods end up tormenting our thoughts with their destructive ingredients.
Stay well and be happy knowing you have the ability and the power to become the person you want to see in the mirror. We enjoy knowing that we have been chosen to be a part of your goal achievements, one step at a time moving forward making one alteration at a time will give you a fulfilling feeling of accomplishment.