It’s tempting as we get busier this holiday season to stock up on commercially available low-calorie or diet foods and snacks. We think we’re doing ourselves a favor. But we’re not.
Conscious eating is self-care. It’s a gift you give yourself and the rewards are immense.
Whenever you can, make the switch from packaged or processed foods to fresh, preferably organic food.
Did you know…eating food as close to its natural state as possible is one of the best things you can do for your body? And it’s a key aspect of conscious eating.
Five Benefits of Fresh Veggies and Fruit:
- Rich in antioxidants, especially vitamins C and E, folic acid, alpha carotene, and beta carotene, boosting your immune system and antibodies.
- Good for your heart, decreasing your risk of heart disease and helping to lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Help lower risk for obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- High in fiber, making you feel full longer and improving digestive health.
- Fill you up with fewer calories.
Five Pluses of Going Organic:
Organic foods have much higher levels of enzymes, essential minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins than those grown commercially.
- They don’t use the pesticides that can attack the nervous system and may play a role in various forms of cancer and hormonal disturbances.
- Not genetically engineered or genetically modified.
- Taste better.
- Good for the earth.
Know that you are worth the effort it takes to be healthy. Try to use conscious eating strategies when you sit down at the table this holiday season.
Your body will thank you for it.