10 Ways to Feel Your Best
Over the time you have been with Simple Health, you have learned various techniques with regards to taking care of yourself and your health. You have made good strides toward having the healthy life you are meant to have. Back in January we talked about abundance: the idea that you have what you need, and that what you give out to the world will return to you. Abundance relates many different items and processes we experience, but our focus for today is on practicing abundant health.
As you make changes in your life and begin to realize the physical and emotional benefits of taking care of yourself, you are moving toward abundant health. The longer you travel this road towards simple health, or abundant health, the further away you are from the habits and behaviors that kept you stuck and feeling unwell along with not as productive as you your body allowed possible.
So here are ten ways to continue working toward the abundant health you deserve:
- Make a wide variety of veggies and fruits, as well as lean protein, the central part of your diet. Avoid processed foods and fast food, which are filled with fat and calories.
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 times each week. Even a simple walk, bike ride, or swim will make a difference in how you feel and your energy level will increase.
- Keep a manageable schedule, with a balance between obligations, responsibilities, friend and family time, and downtime to do the things you most enjoy doing, or to do nothing at all!
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night. Your body and mind need this time to heal, rejuvenate, and process information.
- Tap into a spiritual connection, and make time to meditate and/or pray. Whatever your beliefs, quiet time giving up your worries and opening yourself to awareness is worth it.
- Keep your environment simple and organized. Clutter can distract the mind and make it hard to tune into your mind and body.
- Stay in the present! Try not to worry about past or future concerns. When you are mindful of each moment it is so much easier to focus and feel at ease with the world around you.
- Surround yourself with positive people who help lift you up. While dealing with negative people is a fact of life at times, remember that the energy they project is about them, not you.
- Develop an evening ritual that promotes relaxation and peace before you go to bed. Yogi, Qi gong, Tai Chi, a hot bath, or even deep breathing exercises will help you release stress and prepare you for a good night’s sleep.
- Practice gratitude each day, especially when life is challenging. There are always things you can be grateful for, and when you recognize and feel them, your mood and energy will improve.
Practicing some of these strategies will help lead you even closer to abundant health. The longer you keep at it, the closer you will be toward meeting your goals. You have worked hard, so remember to take time to appreciate yourself and the things you have done on your journey. And, as always, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you achieve your goals.
Next time we will get ready for those hot August days with some ideas for cool and light dinner options. Enjoy this beautiful day that has been granted to each of us!